WelcomeHello, and thank you for your interest in CSLA .NET products from the CSLA .NET online store.
Getting helpAfter reading this document, if you still need help with a purchase or download, please email email@example.com.
Please be aware that, for the most part, the store and download web site are operated by a couple people (myself and my son). I don't have a call center, and I do sleep and spend time with my family on weekends and holidays. I'll do whatever is practical to help make your purchase as smooth as possible, but it probably helps for you to understand that mid-day in many parts of the world is mid-night where I live.
Please be patient, thank you!
Email communicationsAll purchases from the store should result in two or more emails:
- An new user registration email with your login credentials for store.lhotka.net
- A receipt email from firstname.lastname@example.org indication your purchase is complete
- An email from PayPal indicating your payment is complete
- An email from email@example.com with credentials for http://download.lhotka.net (if you purchased a CSLA 4 ebook or any video series)
If you do not recieve the receipt email from firstname.lastname@example.org, please check your spam folders and filters, as that email can sometimes be found in those locations.
Another common reason for not getting emails is that the email address provided to the store web site is used for communication, and a typo in that email can prevent us from contacting you. Or you may have intentionally used a fake or invalid email address on the store website for some reason - in which case (honestly) I don't know how you think we are supposed to provide you with information like login credentials.
If you do not receive the receipt email within a couple hours of your purchase, check your spam folders, double-check the email address provided to the store, and email email@example.com for help.
Purchases of videos or the Using CSLA 4 ebooksIf you purchased any videos or the Using CSLA 4 ebook series, they are downloaded from a download web site (download.lhotka.net) which is completely separate from the store web site.
- There is a manual step required to add you to download.lhotka.net once your purchase is complete
- It can take up to one business day (US central time) for your credentials to be added or updated on the download site
- Because this is a completely separate web site, you will be emailed login credentials for the download web site
- These are different credentials from those for store.lhotka.net, and are provided in a separate email from the emails related to the store or PayPal
Your user id for download.lhotka.net is the entire email address you provided to the store web site. The password is randomly generated and sent to you in an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. It can take up to one business day (US central time) for these credentials to be added to download.lhotka.net.
If you do not receive the email with credentials for download.lhotka.net within one business day (US central time) please check your spam folders, double-check the email address provided to the store, and email email@example.com for assistance.
Download website lock-outThe download.lhotka.net website will lock out accounts after a number of failed login attempts. If you have attempted to log into this website using your user id (the full email address you provided to the store) and have failed numerous times, you may be locked out. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Video streamingThe download web site does not support video streaming. You should download the wmv files to your computer and play them from your local hard drive.
In some browsers you might have to right-click on the download link and choose the option to save the file to your computer. Sometimes left-clicking the link attempts to stream the video, and this will not work.
Once you've downloaded the wmv files, you should be able to watch them on your PC, or even on your Xbox (if you have your Xbox set up to watch files from your PC).
Paper booksAll ebooks are in electronic PDF format. At this time I do not have any option for purchasing paper books. You have permission to print one copy of the PDF file if you wish to do so.
Kindle and other ebook readersAll ebooks are in electronic PDF format. At this time I do not have any option for purchasing ebooks formatted for specific electronic readers. I understand the desire to have the books available in such a format, at least for the Kindle (because I love my Kindle a lot!), but there are serious technical hurdles involved because the ebook formats don't support fonts, or tables and don't do a good job with some figures.
Purchases of older ebooksIf you purchased the CSLA .NET Version 2.1 Handbook or the Using CSLA 3.0 ebooks, they are in PDF format, and you will download them from the store web site itself. Please follow these instructions:
- Log into store.lhotka.net
- View your orders
- View the order detail for your specific order (you should see a list of line items for the order)
- The download link for the PDF is on the line item for that ebook